Challenge Racks Product Design!



                In my room, I have added, what I call, “Challenge Racks,” for my Product Design students. The aim of these is to try and help stimulate students of Hodgson into directing their own learning, give them freedom and help them develop their independent learning skills. The idea being, that students are never without a challenge should they have finished a task early and are awaiting instructions. Likewise, should they find a task simply too easy, they have the opportunity to select an activity from the appropriate Challenge Rack thus, empowering them with their own learning. This is available to all year groups.

 

I am aware that teachers are not meant to have favourites but the rack below is by far my favourite rack. This is for KS4 Controlled Assessment students to use, it has all sorts of help sheets available for completing their coursework and I think this rack will be the most beneficial to the Product Design students. The truth will be shown when their GCSE results are through.
 
All in all, enjoy those racks!! Why not try some out with your own subject?
 
By, Laura Jones, Teacher of Design Technology.
 

 

Comments