Interactive Plenary

by Huw Roberts,
ITT Student, Technology Department

I set my Year 7 Food Technology class a task to create a news bulletin lasting one minute. I gave the group five minutes to create the bulletin. They had to use the information that they had learned in the lesson from writing an article about the eat well guide. 

I entered each willing participant's name onto a 'wheel decide'. The wheel chose Student A to present first. She stood at the front of the class, in front of the interactive board, with the BBC News intro playing behind her. She then began with "Hello, and welcome to the six o'clock news with me ...."
Despite being nervous, the smiles and applause from a supportive group gave participants B, C and D the courage to take part!  By the end, the others wishing they had put their names on the list!


Comments