PiXL Classroom App

by Hayley Turner,
Teacher of Science


This week I’ve started using the PiXL classroom app in lesson. I’m using this alongside the Personalized Learning Checklists provided by PiXL designed for AQA. The pupils were given the checklist and asked to RAG rate their confidence after the lesson against a particular statement, for example ‘state the function of the nervous system and name its important components’. The students then raise their RAG cards at the back of their planner and I recorded this data by simply tapping on their name on my seating plan on the app to change the colour of their allocated box. After teaching a sequence of lessons, I had a range of evidence to show what students can and cannot do. Following this on Friday I will deliver a ‘gap fill’ PiXL intervention lesson that will focus on a single PLC skill that has been identified as an area of weakness with the aim of ensuring that all students make progress. The app also has a range of resources that will enable you to create a bespoke and heavily differentiated set of activities that will ensure all students are involved in the learning and are shown to make progress in one lesson.

Comments