Reward Scratch Cards in Humanities

by Katherine Reece,
Lead Teacher of Humanities


In an area which I always struggle, I set out to fix the problem through creative resources!
This year I have one aim - to improve student motivation through rewards for positive progress and effort. To do this, I have taken an idea from the @hecticteacher in which I have created ‘reward scratch cards’. These entail simple cards that were created on the computer which have a reward on the bottom (from Pause+ Points/merits to taking something from the rewards box!) I added scratch strips ordered from Amazon with which I have covered the prize. When deserved students can pick a card from random and scratch off the strip to reveal their reward.
One of the best parts of this is that once the card has been used once, it can be recycled and a new strip added. So no waste is incurred.

So far I have the Year 11’s and the Year 9’s striving to achieve a reward scratch card, let’s see if we can keep them motivated throughout the year! 

Comments